A fluffy Angel Food Cake coated with cinnamon and sugar, then drizzled with a cream cheese frosting, but you don't even need the frosting the bites are so delicious just the way they are..
Ingredients For The Churro Bites:
1 store purchased 7 inch angel food cake baked( or you can make your own)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
vegetable or coconut oil
For The Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 Tablespoons milk
1. In a large bowl combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside
2. Cut angel food cake into 1 1/2 inch squares
3. In a large non stick skillet heat oil on medium heat, just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet. When the oil is hot place half the angel food cake cubes, fry until golden brown, turning on all sides until brown. About 1-2 minutes per side. Until all are done.
4. Immediately after they are done place in the bowl with the cinnamon sugar mixture, and stir to coat completely, press the cinnamn/sugar mixture onto the cubes to coat well. You can use tongs because they are going to be hot. Repeat until all are fried and coated, then place on a plate.
5. For the cream cheese frosting: beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of milk. Drizzle frosting over the bites or yu can just dip them.