A delicious soup made with mixed peppers, sweet or hot sausage, spices, and a tomato based yummy sauce. This is a perfect 30 minute soup that everyone will love. Grab some italian bread or garlic bread and your meal is done, another great weeknight soup..
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb hot or sweet italian sausage casing removed
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bell peppers, mixed (red, orange, yellow and green)
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 8 Tbsp tomato paste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup rough chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup rough chopped fresh parsley
- Warm an 8 quart stock pot over medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil into warmed pan and add sausage; brown sausage for about 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile; dice onion and add to pan. Stir to combine. Mince or press garlic and add to pan. Continue stirring occasionally.
- Chop peppers and add to the pan. Cook until peppers are crisp tender about 6-8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir bottom of pan to remove any bits that are stuck. Add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Add pepper, basil and parsley. Allow to boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!recipe from:http://parade.condenast.com/217706/donnaelick/30-minute-italian-sausage-and-pepper-soup/