This recipe is so simple and yet so elegant looking when you put out on your platter. I am posting some easy ideas for Easter that will be a big hit, and these guys are perfect. Great also for summer desserts, large parties or as simple to make for just a small gathering at your house..Love this idea..
1 can of grands biscuits
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
sugar for sprinkling
20 large strawberries, 2 slices per strawberry
Skewers, cut to about 6 inches
2 cups heavy cream
½ jar marshmallow fluff
3 tbsp sugar
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll a biscuit into a 5-inch circle.Roll out one piece of refrigerated biscuit dough to about a 5 inch circle and cut into 1 1/2 inch circles. Each one should give you 7 circles. Make sure you use your circle cutter.Place the the biscuit circles on parchment paper and brush with an egg wash and sprinkle each one with sugar.
3. Cut 7 – 1-1/2 inch circles and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
4. Whisk together the egg white and water. Place the the biscuit circles on parchment paper and brush with an egg wash and sprinkle each one with sugar.
5. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. While the biscuits are baking prepare the strawberries. Cut two 1/2 inch slices from each strawberry. I also kept the two slices stacked on themselves, so I could use the same strawberry for one skewer. This way they fit together better. Once the biscuits are baked, transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before constructing the skewers. Then start layering; biscuit, strawberry, whipped cream. Do this twice ending with a third biscuit on top. One can of biscuits made 20 skewers. That is without using the scraps. If you use the scraps you’ll need to adjust the ingredients for extra.
For The Cream:
In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, combine the heavy cream and sugar and beat until firm peaks form. Add half a jar of marshmallow fluff until just combined.
To Assemble: On a skewer start with layering the biscuit, 1-2 pieces strawberry, then whipped cream, in layers..until all are finished.