What an easy recipe that everyone will love a sweet and soft sugar cookie cup filled with cheesecake filling and then topped with your favorite fruits. What a great spring and summer dessert..Enjoy!!
3/4 cups butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cornstarch
Cheesecake Filling and Topping:
12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
assortment of chopped fresh fruit
1. Spray cupcake pan with non stick cooking spray. Then preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together for 5-7 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk, then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Dough will be thick.
5. Makes balls of about 2 tbsp of dough. Press cookie dough in bottom and about 1/3-1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup, forming a cup shape.
6. Bake at for 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. If the centers aren't cupped enough to add filling, use the end of a wooden spoon or the bottom of a tablespoon to press the center down a bit.
8. Once cookie have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. Blend the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar together until smooth.
9. Pipe or scoop cheesecake filling into cookie cups.
10. Top with fresh assorted fruit and store in the refrigerator.