I go to a store in Lancaster, PA to purchase Carrot Jam. My entire family loves it. I buy several jars to get us through about 6 months. It is just carrot, not carrot cake like this recipe, which is 100 times better. Then I came across this recipe,made it, and omg, it is delicious. I will be posting recipes to use this jam soon, Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars!!!This is a perfect jam to use in baking, you can also spread on bread, dip snacks in it, what ever your heart desires. I am thrilled I found this recipe.. This is packed with flavor from the carrots, pineapple, coconut and warm spices and a hint of molasses, it tastes just like carrot cake. Yummy!!!
- 1 (12-ounce) jar orange marmalade
- ½ to 1 teaspoon unsulphured molasses
- ½ cup grated peeled carrots, about 1 carrot
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- ¼ cup flaked coconut,
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour (tapioca starch)
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients with the exception of the tapioca flour and stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside for 5 minutes to macerate (to allow the pineapple to release its juices).
2. Sprinkle tapioca starch evenly over mixture and stir well to incorporate. The residual juices in the pineapple and other wet ingredients will help to dissolve the tapioca.
3. Over medium-high heat, stirring frequently bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring frequently until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and cool completely. Store in the refrigerator in a mason jar for up to 2 weeks.
See more at: http://wickedgoodkitchen.com/quick-easy-carrot-cake-jam-for-baking/#sthash.tmtZx9Mh.dpuf