I have made hundreds of chicken dishes, and some I like, love, and some I say omg, this is the best chicken dish ever..And here it is, I have made this so many times, and still not tired of this. If their is a chicken dish that I say you have to make, This Is It!!! The sauce, you cant get enough of, if you even want to double the sauce like I do, go right ahead, believe me on this one, it is a winner..Mashed potatoes on the side and it is perfection!!
- 1½ – 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs or breasts
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1-2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a 8×8″ oven-proof pan with 2 layers of foil.
- In small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in the foil layered pan then pour the mixture on top of it. Turn the chicken around in the sauce to make sure it gets all coated.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let chicken sit for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate. Do NOT discard the liquid.
- Immediately after plating chicken, whisk in the 1 tbsp. of cornstarch into the liquid in the pan. You’ll create a nice, thick sauce to drizzle over your chicken. You need to do cornstarch mixing immediately because the liquid needs to be hot in order for it to thicken properly. If it’s still not thickening after 1 tbsp., you can add a little more.
- Sprinkle rosemary on top before serving.
- Serve with rice or potatoes or vegetables.