This creamy cajun coated chicken and pasta is a perfect weeknight meal. It has the perfect amount of spice and heat. The sauce is perfect coats every noodle and pieces of chicken. In every bite you have yummy pieces of sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms. You can also add some peas for extra flavor..I also tried that and it was very good.
- 5 chicken tenderloins cut into strips
- ½ box of spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, dried
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- ½ tsp. corn starch
- Note: Even better, if you like omit sun dried tomato, and basil, and replace with 1 1/2 cups sliced red, orange, or green peppers. My family likes that also very much too!!!
- In a medium pot for the pasta, season the water with salt and bring to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, melt a Tablespoon of butter on medium high heat and add in the chicken. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of Cajun seasoning on the chicken. Cook the chicken halfway through, it will finish cooking at the end.
- Melt the other Tablespoon of butter and add in the onion, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and basil ( or you can omit the basil and sun dried tomatoes and replace with the peppers) then sprinkle the other 1 Tablespoon of Cajun seasoning over the chicken and veggies. Sauté until everything is cooked through, about 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Turn down the heat and stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Once cheese has melted, let simmer and thicken for a bit, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After you’ve let it simmer for a bit, to get the creamy effect, mix the corn starch with water (about 2-3 Tablespoons of water) whisk, ( ***if it is thick enough you may not need the cornstarch and water***) then add it in the sauce mixture. It should thicken right away.
- Once thickened to the desired creaminess, turn off the heat and add in your pasta and mix well, coating the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve with more Parmesan cheese and fresh basil on top.