An amazing chocolate cake with a creamy and dreamy frosting topped with creamy chocolate..Quick and easy recipe that will impress everyone..Who needs Hostess when you can make this yumminess in the comfort of your home! So glad I found this recipe, I make it all of the time and everyone loves it..And you will impress everyone with this delicious recipe.
Ingredients For The Cake:
1 (15.25 oz) chocolate cake mix
Follow and use all ingredients called for on cake mix
For The Filling:
5 Tablespoons flour
1 cup half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
For The Frosting:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Make cake according to directions on package in a 13x9 in baking dish. Bake according to directions on box. Let cake cool completely.
2. In a medium saucepan, pour in the half and half and whisk in the flour over medium heat on stove top. Whisk constantly until very thick, similar to the consistency of thick pudding or custard. It will take a couple of minutes. Cool completely (place in refrigerator if desire to cool quicker. Stir in vanilla.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat 1 cup softened butter and granulated sugar several minutes until fluffy. Then add the cooled flour/milk mixture to butter/sugar mixture and beat until light and fluffy (will take a couple of minutes). Spread on cooled cake.
4. Pour chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat heavy cream and pour hot cream over chocolate. Let sit for a minute, then stir gently until completely melted.
For The Frosting:
5. Dump chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat heavy cream and pour hot cream over chocolate. Let sit for a minute; stir gently to melt. Cream butter and sifted powdered sugar in another bowl and then stir the two mixtures together, ( the chocolate and the butter/powdered sugar mixture). If you want it to be thicker, add more powdered sugar. If you want it to be thinner, add more whipping cream. Spread on cake immediately because the frosting starts to set up and become grainy in appearance if you let it sit for long. After you place the filling and frosting on the cake, cut into bars and enjoy!!!!