This will be the best Carrot Cake you will ever eat in your life..This is one of my secret recipes that I never give out. But this is why I started a blog, to give out my recipes that I love and I want to share with everyone so you all can enjoy them like I do. This has a amazing moist cake that has carrots, hint of cinnamon, buttermilk, crushed pineapple, coconut and walnuts. Then the best cream cheese frosting ever, that will melt in your mouth. Top your cake with some additional coconut and walnuts and it will be perfection!!!This one you have to try..Enjoy!!!
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups shredded carrots
1 ( 8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 1/3 cup packed shredded coconut, plus a little more to sprinkle on top
1 cup walnuts, plus a little more to sprinkle on top
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Frosting:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 ( 8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 ( 3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions For The Frosting:
1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy and fluffy. Add powdered sugar a cup at a time, then the vanilla, beat until smooth.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 ( 9 inch) round cake pans with parchment paper then lightly grease and flour pans. Set aside
2. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk and set aside
3. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, and sugar, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla on medium speed until blended. Add in the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Fold in carrots, pineapple, coconut, and walnuts. Pour into prepared cake pans.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pans for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled.
5. Spread the cream cheese frosting between each layer of cake and the top and sides. Garnish with a little coconut and walnuts on top of cake and enjoy!!! After frosting the cake place in fridge to let the frosting set for about 1-2 hours, then take out and let get to room temp to eat. Keep stored in fridge if any leftovers..
recipe from: Southern Living October 2007