This delicious pound cake is so moist and with toasted coconut over a drizzle of frosting , it brings me right to the tropics.. I love a slice of pound cake with a cup of coffee in the morning, perfect breakfast for me!!!
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 cups granulated sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained almost all of the way, leave just a little juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For The Glaze:
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups toasted coconut, recipe below
1. Toast coconut by laying out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 3-7minutes, checking every minute until golden brown. Set aside
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour very well a bundt pan and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat butter until fluffy about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and sugar and beat another 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time mixing after each one.
4. In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir and set aside
5. Slowly add the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream until fully combined. Fold in the crushed pineapple.
6. Bake for 85-90 minutes, it will bake above the pan, that is okay. Cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for about 1 hour until completely cooled.
7. For the glaze whisk the milk, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth and drizzle over completely cooled cake. Then drizzle toasted coconut all over cake and Enjoy!!!
recipe adapted from:shugarysweets.com