This apricot glazed chicken will be the best chicken dish you will ever eat..I Will Guarantee!!! My mother in law gave me this recipe s many years ago, and I make this every other week. She calls it finger licking good chicken..Because you can literally just eat the sauce..Juicy chicken glazed in apricot preserves, Dark Russian dressing and onion soup mix..That is it, and wait until you try the results..
1 whole chicken cut up, (skin on)or chicken thighs and drumsticks,( skin on) about 2-3 pounds
1 package onion soup mix
1 bottle wishbone dark Russian dressing (picture below)
1 ( 10 ounce) jar apricot preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a cookie sheet with foil and set aside
2. In a large bowl combine the soup mix, dressing, and preserves mix and set aside
3. VERY IMPORTANT STEP: Wash your chicken and must pat and dry the chicken with paper towels until it is totally dry. If it is not dry the mixture will not stick.
4. After drying the chicken dip each piece into the sauce coating it very well then place it on the cookie sheet. If there is sauce remaining using your hands place it on top of the chicken.
5. Bake uncovered for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes. Then turn the oven to 375 and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Or it becomes dark and crispy looking.
6. Any liquid left drain fat off the top and pour over chicken.
7. Place chicken on a platter with the additional sauce over it and serve.
Note: If you like a lot of sauce double the ingredients.. Pictures Below of ingredients and before it is cooked. But you do not have to because it has plenty of sauce left, I just like tons!!!