A delicious, rich and hearty soup that the entire family will love. It is a one pot easy meal that can be put together in no time. Add a nice big salad and garlic bread and you have a perfect meal. Great meal if you are having company.
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, diced ( about 2 cups)
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
1 ( 14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
1 ( 14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
3 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
8 lasagna noodles, broken into bite sized pieces
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
8 ounces ricotta cheese
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large stockpot A fun and delicious drink that everyone will love..perfect to make at home or for parties..pot over medium- high heat add ground beef, crumbling as you cook, add salt and pepper to taste. Stirring until no longer pink, drain mostly all of the fat and set the beef aside. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil add the onions and sauté until some about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté about 30 seconds, then add in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper, and the ground beef all back into the stockpot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile in a stockpot boil water, add a little salt, then add lasagna noodles and cook according to package instructions, take pasta out 1 minute earlier, because you will cook in sauce for 2 minutes.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain, (reserve 1cup pasta water) add the pasta along with 1/2 cup to 1 cup pasta water as desired into the sauce/beef mixture. Heat together for 2-3 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl combine with a fork, the ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese.
5. Ladle soup into bowls, then dollop a large scoop of the cheese mixture on top of the soup, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese and fresh chopped parsley. Then Enjoy!!!!
recipe adapted from:cookingclassy.com