Wednesday, October 23, 2013
White Cheddar Homemade Cheez It's
Well I am a true Cheez It lover. Then when I came across these, I cannot believe how easy, good and taste better than the real thing. You can use white,yellow, jack with jalapeño, or your favorite cheese. But I only made with the white cheddar, so I can promise you will like the white. Give them a try!!!
1 ( 8 ounce block of sharp white cheddar cheese) grated
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4-5 Tablespoons ice water
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the softened butter. You can use a spatula to combine.
2. With a paddle attachment to a stand mixer or a hand mixer add the flour to the cheese mixture and on low speed mix until becomes large clumps. Then keeping the mixer on low, slowly add the ice water until soft dough forms.
3. Take the dough out of the mixer, divide in half, and shape into a disc. Place the 2 pieces f dough discs in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place parchment paper onto large cookie sheets.
5. On a slightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a square about 1/8 of an inch, ten with a fluted pastry cutter cut the dough into 1 inch squares.
6. Place on prepared cookie sheets, In the center of each square make a small hole with a toothpick. Then sprinkle with the rest of the salt and bake for 7-10 minutes. Until sides become a little brown and they become puffy. Serve right away or you can store in a airtight container. Enjoy!!!