Greek Pasta Salad With Tortellini
Who doesn't love a good pasta salad. Well I do, even in the winter, this is a yummy pasta salad with homemade Greek dressing. You can make this with a sandwich for dinner or it is hearty enough to have for a meal by itself. If you do not have tortellini you can also make this with bow tie pasta.
2 pounds Tortellini
1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
2 cucumbers, skin on, sliced in quarters
1 can black olives, sliced in half
1-1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
For The Dressing:
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 large garlic clove minced
3 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Directions For the Dressing:
1. Combine the olive oil and the red wine vinegar and whisk until combined. Add the lemon juice, garlic clove, oregano, basil, salt, and the pepper. Place in a jar or small bowl with lid and shake vigorously until it all comes together. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Directions For The Pasta Salad:
1. Cook the tortellini according to the package then drain and run cold water over it for 1 minute then add 2 Tablespoons olive oil, just so it doesn't stick
2. Add the onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and olives, then stir gently
3. Pour the dressing over the pasta salad then sprinkle the feta cheese over the pasta salad and stir gently.
4. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour then serve. Enjoy!!!