Oh my, this is what I have to say about these bars. They are that good. The first person I thought of was my mom. She loves German Chocolate cake. I would have to say it is a combination of pecan pie bars and german chocolate cake. It is delicious goodness. They taste as good as they look. Give them a try, you will not be disappointed!!!
3 cups of pecan halves
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup cold, cubed butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
3 large eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cup sweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Arrange pecans in a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring halfway through
3. Meanwhile line a 13x9 inch baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang on two sides and grease the foil
4. In a medium bowl whisk the flour, powdered sugar and cocoa, add the cold butter and with pastry cutter or 2 knives combine the mix until it resembles a crumbly meal. Press the mixture into the 13x9 inch pan and go about 3/4 of the way up the pan. Bake the crust for 15 minutes
5. Remove the crust from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the crust.
6. Allow to cool for 30 minutes
7. In a small bowl add the eggs, beat lightly. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter and whisk together until smooth. Stir in the coconut and the pecans. Pour evenly over the crust and bake for 28-36 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool completely then place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
9. With the 2 pieces of foil that are overhanging lift the bars and with a sharp knife cut into bars. Enjoy!!!