This chicken dish has to be one of my absolute favorite of all times. It is a cream sauce with basil and sun dried tomatoes and sometimes I don't like a cream sauce because it is to rich, but not this one, it is perfect. I know you will love this recipe just like my family does. Enjoy!!
4 boneless, skinless, sliced lengthwise, and pounded somewhat on the thin side
1/4 cup olive oil
4 Tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
4 Tablespoons flour
1/2 cup finely diced onions
4 garlic cloves, finely diced
1 small shallot, finely diced
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes ( I used the ones packed in olive oil, but use whatever you have)
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup half and half
1 pound pasta or veggies on the side, or both
1. Preheat skillet to medium-high heat and add the olive oil
2. Sprinkle your chicken with salt and pepper and place in skillet on cook about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink
3. Remove chicken when done and place on a plate and cover with foil to keep it warm.
4. Add the butter to the pan and if needed 1-2 Tablespons more of olive oil and add the onions, garlic, and shallot, and cook about 5 minutes until soft but not brown
5. Add the sundried tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
6. Add the flour and whisk until smooth and no lumps, then add the chicken broth and keep whisking until smooth, then add the half and half and cook for about 5 minutes until it becomes a little thicker. ( if to thick add more chicken broth)
7. Add the chicken back in pan and with a large spoon cover the chicken with the sauce, then let simmer 5 minutes until chicken is warm.
8. Add the basil, then serve with what ever you like, you can serve over pasta, or serve it with veggies and a potato and rice. Enjoy!!!!