Thursday, October 17, 2013
Crumb Coffee Cake
This is a recipe that my Aunt Jane gave to me many years ago. And I have been making this coffee cake once a week since then. I will not go out to any supermarkets or bakeries to buy this because I feel this recipe is the best out there with all of the other million crumb coffee cake recipes out there. You can put a simple glaze on it, chocolate glaze, powdered sugar and even color the glaze for the holidays. Either way, I promise you that you will love it. It is super easy and stays in a airtight container for quite a while, unlike the store brands that get hard with in day or two. And I can't forget to bring over some to my best friend Jackie today because this is her favorite...Enjoy!!!
Ingredients For The Cake:
1 box butter recipe cake mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then line with parchment paper or with cooking spray a large cookie sheet
2. In a stand or hand mixer combine all ingredients and mix until well combined. About 1-2 minutes on high
3. Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Then follow the directions below.
2 sticks melted margarine
1 stick melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups flour
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. In a medium microwave safe bowl place the 2 sticks of margarine and 1 stick of butter in microwave and melt for about 1-2 minutes, until melted, then add the vanilla
2. In a large bowl place flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Add the melted butter mixture to the flour mixture and with your hands combine mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle all the crumbs evenly on the cake, patting it down gently, then place bake in the oven for 20 minutes. When completely cooled sprinkle powdered sugar on the top and cut into bars. Enjoy!!!!