Saturday, October 26, 2013
I love this time of year with all of the yummy recipes using all of the apples that we picked. One of our favorites is the caramel apple, everyone loves caramel and then there are so many toppings that your family can choose from. Here I used mini m&m's, reese's peanut butter cups, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles and crushed peanuts. The recipe couldn't be an easier.
2 bags individually wrapped caramels
4 Tablespoons water
12-15 small to medium granny smith apples
Your favorite toppings: m&m's, mini chocolate chips, white chips, oreos, sprinkles, reese peanut butter cups, butterfinger bars, peanuts, or any of your favorites.
1. Wash and dry apples thoroughly, then remove the stems and set aside
2. Place a stick in the center of the apples
3. Place 2 large sheets of parchment on counter and spray with cooking spray lightly
4. Prepare all of your toppings in small bowls, it will be easier if you prep everything because once the caramel is on the apples it dries quickly.
5. Remove caramel from the wrappers and place in a large microwave bowl with the water and on high, microwave for about 2 minutes stirring half way through
6. Dip the apples in the caramel, then place the toppings on, place on parchment to dry.