Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal



I am sitting outside on my deck watching my chickens having fun in the yard, I actually wanted to watch Sprinkles with her new saddle we put on her back last night, for her molting. But anyway, I am having a bowl of this oatmeal, it is so warm and delicious. Just the perfect time of year to make this one. Enjoy!!!



Ingredients:

2/3 cup of rolled oats
2 cups regular milk
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch  of sea salt
( Additional Toppings)brown sugar, pecans, walnuts

Directions: 

1. In a medium sized heat the oats and milk over medium heat
2. When it comes to a low boil reduce heat to a low-medium and add the pumpkin and heat and stir for 5-7 minutes
3. Add the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and stir frequently for 5-8 minutes
4. Pour into a bowl and add your favorite toppings ( I like brown sugar, and pecans)
















This recipe from: healthbeautylife.com


No comments: