I love to have company over and make lots of appetizers. I am always trying to find new ones that everyone will enjoy. I tried this and loved it, simply addicting. The great thing about it is that during the summer when the corn is super sweet you use it fresh, but the rest of the year you can use canned and frozen corn. With the blend of the charred corn, the melted bubbly cheese and the kick with the jalapeño it came out perfect.
2 Tablespoons butter ( divided)
2 cups of corn ( fresh, frozen, or canned)
1/2 cup red or yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, sliced
1 jalapeño, diced
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Salt and Pepper, Cayenne Pepper to taste
1. In a sauté pan over medium-high melt 1 tablespoon butter and sauté the corn until it starts to turn a golden brown about 5 minutes. Remove the corn and set aside.
2. In the same pan melt the other tablespoon of butter and add the green onion, jalapeño, and garlic and cook until only for 2-3 minutes
3. In a medium bowl combine the corn, onions, peppers, garlic, jalapeño, mayonnaise, cheeses, cayenne, salt and pepper, ( Reserve some of the cheese to put on top)
4. Pour into a baking dish ( I used a 9x9) and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top about 15-20 minutes. Serve while warm with tortilla chips. Enjoy!!!