I would have to say I do love once in awhile a chocolate cupcake, but my all time favorite's are pound cakes, crumb cakes, and cobblers. I am a true coconut lover. When I made this pound cake, I was in heaven. With the addition of toasting the coconut, it brings it to a whole new level of goodness. I could not wait to share this one with you guys. Enjoy!!!
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk (divided)
2 1/2 cups sweetened coconut ( toasted and divided) I toast my coconut on 400 degrees for about 3-7 minutes or until light to golden brown
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a loaf pan then set aside
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt
3. In a large mixing bowl with a paddle attachment ( or hand mixer) beat the butter and granulated sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, scraping sides
4. Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl as needed
5. With mixer on low add the flour mixture , alternating with 1 cup of the buttermilk. ( Start and end with flour mixture) beat until well combined
6. With a spatula fold in 2 cups coconut
7. Place batter in prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Let completely cool in pan then transfer to wire rack
9.Whisk together powdered sugar and remaining 2 Tablespoons buttermilk until smooth and drizzle all over the cake, then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup toasted coconut and enjoy!!!