Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Almond Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes



I fell in love with this cupcake after I made it. Never realizing what a great combination that almond and cherries have together. I feel like I have been baking away for days and now I need to get back to cooking my husband dinner and posting some of those recipes. I am also going apple and pumpkin picking this weekend so I cannot wait to put all of those great recipes on too. Enjoy this one. Your gonna love it!!












Ingredients:

Almond Cherry Cupcakes:
1 box white cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 C. oil
3/4 C. milk or buttermilk
1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
2 tsp. almond extract
1 C. Maraschino cherries, roughly chopped
Almond Buttercream:
1 C. butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar
milk, if needed
Extra Maraschino Cherries for Decoration
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcakes liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and almond extract until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix.
5. Fold in chopped maraschino cherries.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes.
7. Almond Buttercream: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Add almond extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add a little milk.
8. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles and more Maraschino cherries.













Recipe From: yourcupofcake

No comments: