Friday, October 25, 2013
Frosted Sugar Cookies With Vanilla Frosting
I love cookies, but my all time favorite are sugar cookies. You can frost them for any holiday, birthday, and parties. This to me is the perfect sugar cookies, they are soft and fluffy due to the fact of adding the cake flour and the cornstarch. A lot of time people do not have cake flour around the house but believe me, it is worth a trip to the store to buy the flour for these cookies. They will melt in your mouth, then adding the most amazing vanilla frosting just makes these cookies over the top. This will become your favorite cookie I promise you that!!!Enjoy..
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 egg white
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Vanilla Frosting Recipe:
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream or half and half
Instructions For Cookies:
1. In a large bowl sift flour, cornstarch and salt then set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl on medium speed add the butter, shortening and sugar and beat about 4 minutes or until it is pale and fluffy. Scraping the sides of the bowl every minute.
3. Add in the egg, mix until combined, then add the egg white and vanilla and mix again until combined.
4. Turn the mixer on low and add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Remove the dough from the mixer and wrap in a ball, then wrap in plastic and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
7. Remove dough and if it is a little hard to roll just let it sit on counter for abut 10 minutes or until it is easy enough to roll out.
8. Take some dough with your hands and roll into a ball making it about 1/2 inch thick, then place on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly with your hand or the bottom of a cup.
9. Bake for 9-11 minutes. I do not let them get brown at all.
10. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting them.
For The Frosting:
1. In a mixing bowl combine the all of the ingredients for the frosting and beat on high until it becomes smooth and fluffy. It may take 2-3 minutes.
2. After the cookies are completely cooled frost then place sprinkles on right away so they stick to the frosting.