I was watching my favorite show The Chew the other day and Allison Fishman Task had made these yummy chocolate peanut butter bars that everyone was going crazy for, and now I know why. They are suppose to be like a Reese's Peanut butter cup, but in a healthy less fat bar recipe. I couldn't believe how easy and so delicious these were. Give them a try you will love this recipe
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, I used salted butter
1 Tablespoon canola oil
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips ( i used 1cup, you can use more up to 2 cups for a thick layer of chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray pan with cooking spray and set aside
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter and oil. Mix until well combined.
3. Add the peanut butter, mix well, add the egg and egg white, mix until combined.
4. In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt
5. Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and beat on medium until combined
6. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 26-28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Set aside to fully cool.
8. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave bowl for about 1 minute or until smooth. Then after bars cooled pour melted chocolate over and smooth with offset spatula.
9. I place the pan in the refrigerator to let them set for about 15 minutes. Then cut into bars
Recipe from: The Chew: Allison Fishman Task