Thursday, January 2, 2014
Almond Joy Bites
2 cups coconut
4 1/2 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cups toasted almonds, or you can buy raw and toast them yourself
1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi sweet
1/4-1/2 Tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees if you purchased non roasted almonds, place the almonds on a cookie sheet and bake for about 4 to 5 minutes until you smell them roasting, then you know there done.
2. Take the almonds out of the oven and let them cool, then chop them roughly.
3. In a large bowl add the coconut flakes, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Using your hands mix until all incorporated.
4. Add the toasted almonds and mix with your hands until all combined. Form the balls with your hands using pressure and press them together hard, then place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the refrigerator for about an hour.
6. Meanwhile in a small microwave bowl add the chocolate chips and the butter and melt in the microwave for 40 seconds, mix and if needed place in the microwave for another 20-30 seconds, until it is all melted.
7. Drizzle chilled almond joy bites with the chocolate and place back in the refrigerator in a airtight container.
Recipe Adapted From: willcookforsmiles.com