I love the taste of red potatoes cooked any way, but when you roast them on high then add butter, olive oil and the spices, makes them perfect. I can eat these just as a meal, they are that good. Perfect to go along with any meal and so easy to make.
2 pounds baby red potatoes
3 Tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon thyme leaves, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Or your favorite spices ( I have used oregano, parsley, and basil also, instead of thyme) that is really good too
1. Wash and scrub your potatoes good.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
3. Fill a large stockpot with water and place on high heat. When water boils place potatoes in pot and cook for 20 minutes or until fork tender
4. Drain potatoes then line a cookie sheet with foil and place potatoes 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Using a potato smasher, press down on potatoes about 2 inches, almost to the bottom.
5. Using a small saucepan melt butter over low heat, add the olive oil then the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure not to burn garlic.
6. Using a teaspoon pour this mixture onto each potato then sprinkle with salt and pepper and your spices.
7. Bake for 10-20 minutes or until the edges are brown.
recipe adapted from: lovethatfood.com