My favorite time of the year is the fall. I have so many good recipes that have cinnamon, apples, and pumpkin. It reminds me of these pretzels. They are salty and sweet with a touch of cinnamon. I have tried many pretzel recipes, but this one is my favorite. You cannot just eat one. Before you know it they will be gone. I am always trying to think of a little something to bring someone or to give as a gift for the holidays, this is perfect. You can dye the white chocolate for any season. Also if you do not like the white chocolate you can use milk or semi sweet. These are addicting so beware..Try them, you will not be disappointed.
1 bag of 16-18 oz. Snap Pretzels
2/3 cups of vegetable oil
1/3 cup of granulated white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup of white chocolate chips, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons of shortening for melting
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar for sprinkling. To make combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, (start with little less cinnamon and add to your taste) I used a little less than a tablespoon
1. Whisk together the oil, sugar and cinnamon
2. Place the pretzels in a microwave bowl and pour oil mixture over it and stir well until all pretzels are coated.
3. Microwave for 1 minute 30 second, stir well, put back in microwave and heat for another 45 seconds.
4. Remove pretzels spread onto 2 cookie sheets covered in parchment paper.
5. Immediately sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture over the pretzels while they are warm. Making sure to coat each pretzel.
6. In a small bowl combine 1 cup of white chocolate chips and the shortening and melt for 45-60 seconds in the microwave.
7. When pretzels are cooled, with a fork, drizzle the white chocolate over the pretzels and let dry, then store in a airtight container.
Dished up first by: yourcupofcake