Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Crisps


Anyone who knows me, knows I love anything with cinnamon.I think it started when I was growing up my Mom always made me toast with a little bit of butter then sprinkled cinnamon and sugar over the toast, now I still make this for my children. These cinnamon crisps are a perfect snack, and will take care of your sweet tooth craving..



Ingredients:
For the Pastry:

1/4 very cold butter ( half of a stick)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 package crescent rolls


For the glaze:

1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon milk
For the glaze you may need to add a little more powdered sugar or milk to reach desired consistency. You do not want it to watery.



Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a medium bowl add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and flour, with a pastry cutter or 2 forks, cut in the butter until soft and small crumbs form.
3. On a ungreased cookie sheet separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles.
4. Sprinkle the pastry dough mixture evenly on the crescent roll triangles.
5. Bake 8-12 minutes or until slightly browned. Then with a pizza wheel cut into smaller bite size triangles.
6. After the crisps cool drizzle the glaze over them and let set. Then enjoy!!!






















No comments: