One of my daughters favorites is Cannoli's . So for her birthday I tried too come up with a cannoli filling to put into another one of her favorites, chocolate cake. It was the perfect combination. Give it a try I am sure it will become one of your favorites also. Enjoy!!!
1 box devils food cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Ricotta cheese
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup whipped cream ( I used 1 cup heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form)
3/4 cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray 2 ( 9 inch round) pans with cooking spray
3. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla, and beat until just combined.
4. Sift cake mix, then add to other ingredients in mixing bowl and beat only until combined.
For the Cannoli Filling:
1. Combine the ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat for about 4 minutes until smooth, fold in the 1 cup of whipped already (whipped cream), and then fold in mini chocolate chips. Place in a bowl and cover, refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
On a platter place one cake, fill with half the cannoli filling, place the other cake on top of the filling then top with remaining cannoli filling. If you want sprinkle some more mini chocolate chips on top. Refrigerate until 1/2 hour before serving. So Good!!!Enjoy..