Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Key Lime Coconut Bars




Well I have to tell you even though it is winter, it doesn't get any better than these bars.They are to die for!!!I will try any recipe that has the word Key Lime. I have been hooked on Key Lime ever since my husband and I went to Key West many years ago. I had Key Lime cake, cake on a stick, chocolate covered, cheesecake, cupcakes, you name it, I had it..I have been craving these so I made them again last night..You will love these, give them a try!!!



Ingredients:

For the crust:

1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs
2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup melted butter

For The Filling:

3 cans sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 Tablespoon lime zest
Lime wedges for garnish, thinly sliced
Whipped Cream and Toasted Coconut for garnish



Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment paper, overlapping the sides to use a handle for removing later
2. In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, coconut and melted butter and mix until all is well combined and the crumbs are moistened.
3. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and cool slightly
4. To start the filling, In a mixing bowl add the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime zest and mix until well combined.
5. Pour on top of the crust and bake for 8-10 minutes, until firm to the touch, but not brown at all
6. Cool at room temperature, then chill completely in the refrigerator.
7. Top with whipped cream and toasted coconut. ( To toast coconut, place coconut on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350 for about 3-5 minutes until light golden brown, be  careful not to let it burn, watch after 2 minutes, I stir every minute.

















Recipe From: projectsforyournest.blogspot.com




















No comments: