Ingredients For The Marinate:
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon LOW SODIUM soy sauce
1 Tablespoon water
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
Directions For Marinate:
1. In a large bowl whisk together the baking soda, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, water, oil and garlic then place the meat in a large plastic bag and pour the marinate over the meat, place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Ingredients For the Sauce:
1/2 cup LOW SODIUM soy sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon sherry, if you do not have this you can omit
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 heads of broccoli, crowns only
1. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic cloves, flour, and sherry. Whisk to combine then set aside.
2. In a large wok or sauté pan on high heat add 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil until hot, the add the broccoli and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring often, then remove and set aside onto a plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium-high, add the 1 other tablespoon of oil carefully into the pan
4. Remove meat from refrigerator, discard the marinate.
5. Place the meat into the oil with half of the sauce mix and sauté for 3-4 minutes until cooked, stir in the remaining sauce and broccoli and sauté for 1 minute and serve with rice on the side..Enjoy!!
Recipe Adapted From: rainydaygal.com