Wednesday, January 8, 2014
What a great way to start the New Year with these healthy and delicious Bran Muffins. They are full of fiber. They can stay stored on your counter, or placed in your refrigerator for 3 weeks. Also, perfect to individually wrap and place in freezer and in the morning take one out for your snack while at work or on the road.
3 cups Fiber One Bran cereal or All Bran Cereal
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup egg substitute
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups skim milk or whole milk mixed with 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Other additions: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, or 1/2 cup shredded coconut, you can use both too.
1. In a large bowl add the cereal and cup of boiling water and let stand for 15-30 minutes or until cereal is fully absorbed.
2. In another large bowl add the remaining ingredients and whisk until incorporated. Then mix in the cereal. And stir with a spatula.
3. Spray 24 muffin tins with cooking spray and almost fill to top with the mix.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Enjoy plain, toasted with butter or drizzled with honey..
Recipe Adapted From: food.com