Monday, January 27, 2014
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Who would have thought to make this pizza with a cauliflower crust. Wow, I could not believe that I actually liked it better then pizza dough. It has such a great taste and no flour. It is a guilt free pizza. You can add an toppings you like to this pizza. You have to give this one a try. This is one of my all time favorites now!!!!
1 cup cooked cauliflower, riced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon died basil
1/2 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
pizza sauce of your choice
Olive Oil, just for brushing the crust
Choice of toppings, can use fresh spinach, mushrooms, any toppings you like
Directions To Rice The Cauliflower:
1. Take 1 large head of cauliflower and remove stem and leaves, then chop the florets into chunks. Place the chunks into a food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over pulse because you will puree it. If you do not have a food processor you can use a cheese grater. Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl for 8 minutes. You do not need to add water because the cauliflower has enough moisture in it. One large head should make about 3 cups of riced cauliflower. With the extra you can store in the refrigerator up to one week or you can make additional pizzas.
To Make The Crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray
2. In a medium bowl combine 1 cup cauliflower, egg and 1 cup mozzarella and stir until combined
3. Add the oregano, basil, crushed garlic, and garlic salt and stir.
4. Transfer onto the cookie sheet and with your hands shape into about a 9 inch round
5. If you like, brush the top with olive oil, this will help it brown a little bit.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
7. Place you sauce, cheese and your toppings and place under broiler on high until cheese is bubbly and browned, about 3-4 minutes.
This is what the crust looks like before you place in the oven..
This is what the crust looks like after you bake it..
And this is the delicious pizza after it is baked..Yumm..Enjoy!!!!
Recipe Adapted From: pinfoody.com