This little Banana Split Bites are so easy to make and so good. A perfect little dessert for after dinner. A banana split can be a lot of calories, but this little bite is the perfect amount for your sweet tooth..
4 large firm, ripe bananas
4 ounces chopped semi sweet chocolate pieces
1 cup vanilla ice cream ( or your favorite flavor)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
sprinkles for decoration
cherries for the top, you can use fresh or maraschino cherries
1. Cut the bananas into 3 segments, about 2 1/2 inch pieces, trim of ends, leaving the skins on
2. Hollow out about 1 inch circle into the banana, add a little scoop of the ice cream to fill the hole, do this with all the pieces, after each one is done place in the freezer on a parchment lined small cookie sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes
3. Either in your microwave or double boiler melt the chocolate until smooth.
4. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, add the sugar and whip again until stiff peaks form
5. Set out your sprinkles
6. Remove the bananas from the freezer, remove the skins one at a time, dip the bottom of the banana into the chocolate, then roll in sprinkles, and place back in the freezer for about 5 minutes until chocolate is set. Repeat with all of the bananas
7. When ready to serve pipe on the whipped cream, top with cherry and serve immediately. Enjoy!!!
Recipe From: babble.com