5 cups old fashioned rolled oats ( not instant)
2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup coconut
1 cup dried cranberries
Vanilla or Plain yogurt
You can also put some Chocolate Chips in the layers if you would like to add some more flavor
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and take 2 large baking sheets out
2. In a large bowl combine the oats and pecans and set aside
3. In another large bowl combine brown sugar, coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, vanilla and water then with a large spoon mix until well combined
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the oats and mix until all of the oats are coated.
5. Pour onto the baking sheets and spread evenly.
6. Bake at 250 degrees for 40 minutes, stir after 20 minutes. Then raise the oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake for 20 more minutes, stirring several times, to allow even browning
7. Let cool on baking sheets, then pour into a large bowl and add the coconut and dries cranberries
8. Store in a airtight container. Will stay for up to 3 weeks. You can also add in raisins if you desire.
9. In a glass layer some granola, yogurt, berries and fill to the top.
Recipe adapted from:Damaris Phillips at food network