This recipe I had found on Taste of Home's website. They are so delicious and are great for any party or for the upcoming football season as your watching the games!!!!
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, onion and basil; set aside. Split each biscuit into three layers; press each layer into an ungreased miniature muffin cup.
- Spoon tomato mixture into cups. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tomato Bacon Cups in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p30