Wednesday, September 4, 2013
For the Shell:
1 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
4 large eggs
For the Filling:
1/2 pint heavy cream
1/2 pint 1/2 & 1/2
1 box vanilla instant pudding
1. For the shell, In a saucepan add water, shortening, margarine, and salt. Bring to a boil and take off the flame
2. Slowly, add the flour with a wooden spoon, stirring until all ingredients are combined
3. Set aside, and cool for 15 minutes
4. With a wooden spoon, 1 at a time add the eggs, mixing after each egg. After all of the eggs are added the mix will have a shiny finish
5. Using a tablespoon place on cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 10 minutes, do not remove the cookie sheet and drop oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake for 15-18 more minutes just until it becomes a very light brown.
6. Take out of the oven and let cool completely
7. Meanwhile, for the filling combine the heavy cream, half and half and box of vanilla instant pudding, and beat until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
8. With a serrated knife cut the cream puffs in half and pipe or use a spoon to place the filling inside. Then sprinkle powdered sugar on top or drizzle with melted chocolate.
9. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!!!!!