Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Best Banana Bread Ever
As I said in a previous post, I was lucky enough to have the best Aunts that anyone can ask for, they baked with me when I was young and I love those memories. This is a recipe from my Aunt MaryKay, she makes the best Banana Bread ever!!! I know that there are so many different recipes from all over, but wait until you try this one. It is perfect..
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup very ripe mashed bananas ( 2-3 bananas)
1. Beat oil and sugar together until well combined.
2. Beat in the eggs, milk, vinegar, and vanilla
3. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt
4. Add the flour mixture to the oil/sugar mixture alternately with the mashed banana (begin and end with flour)
5. Pour into greased or sprayed loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees if using a glass or enamel loaf pan.
7. Do not over bake even though it may not look done. It will be a golden brown color.
8. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 1 hour then remove from pan.
Note: Some loaf pans are on smaller size and make a higher loaf, some are larger that will make a flatter loaf. Experiment with time based on your oven and the size and material of your pan. You must try this one!!!!Enjoy!!!