Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Fruity Pebbles Cupcakes
Even though my kids are a little older, this one is for my niece and nephew Gianna and Anthony!! They are my little helpers in the kitchen when they comes over. They love to put frosting on the cookies, cakes and cupcakes. Then they have a ball decorating them with all the sprinkles. I love to have them over, they are just so much fun. I made these cupcakes for them today because it was there first day back to school and I wanted them to have a special treat, so I have to get these over to them as soon as I am done. Aunt Tricia loves you guys so much!!!!!
Pineapple Fruity Pebble Cake Mix:
1 box white cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup crushed pineapple, with juice
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fruity pebble cereal
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 ( 8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
1/2 cup softened butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3-5 cups powdered sugar
Fruity Pebbles For Decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 20-22 liners in cupcake/muffin pan
2. Sift the cake mix in a small bowl and set aside
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, oil, crushed pineapple with juice, sour cream and vanilla extract and stir until completely smooth
4. Stir in the cake mix, then once all combined fold in fruity pebbles cereal
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 14-21 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely
6. For the frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with more fruity pebbles. Put the cereal on last minute so it doesn't get soggy. Enjoy!!!!
Recipe from: yourcupofcake