Before we know it the holidays are just around the corner, and I am always trying to think of a little something to make for everyone, and wrap it in a small box. I have done the sugared pecans, and the cookies. I was thinking this year about peanut brittle. So I have been on the Internet looking for a easy and delicious recipe and I found this one. It has the perfect amount of salt and sweetness and is just perfect to give to everyone, if it makes it out of the house..The only special tool you need is a candy thermometer.
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 cup of raw peanuts
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray
2. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat bring to a boil the sugar, corn syrup, salt and water
3. Stir until sugar is dissolved
4. Stir in peanuts
5. Set candy thermometer in place, and continue cooking until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), or until a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into hard brittle threads.
6. Remove from heat, immediately stir in the butter and baking soda and pour onto a greased cookie sheet. With 2 forks, lift and pull peanut mixture into a rectangle about 14x12 inches. Cool, snap into pieces. Enjoy!!!
Who dished it first: allrecipes