Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Pumpkin Crunch Cake
Well I have to say, my favorite time of the year is coming. I love the fall and winter because I love baking with pumpkin and apples and getting ready to make 20 different kinds of Christmas cookies. I have a lot of favorites, but this Pumpkin Crunch Cake is the top for me. I can eat this cake myself in 2 days. This cake has so many textures, it is sweet and moist with a touch of crunch from the crust. Even if you are not a pumpkin lover, this will turn you into one.
1 (15 or 16 ounce) can of pumpkin
1 cup granulated sugar
1 ( 12 ounce) can of evaporated milk
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3 large eggs
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 cup of butter ( 2 sticks)
1 ( 12 ounce) container whipped topping
2 cups powdered sugar
1 ( 8 ounce) cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang(your going to flip the cake later)
3. In a stand mixer or large bowl with hand mixer combine pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, and eggs and mix until thoroughly combined
4. Pour into the prepared pan.
5. Open yellow cake mix and crumble with hands
6. Pour over the pumpkin filling, then sprinkle the walnuts evenly, then pour with a spoon the melted butter evenly over the cake mix and walnuts
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
8. Take out of oven, set aside and let cool completely
For the Topping:
1. With a mixer beat the softened cream cheese and the 2 cups of powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping.
2. After the cake is cooled , using the extra parchment that is hanging over flip the cake over on to a serving platter. And frost the top and sides of the cake with the topping. If you would like garnish with chopped walnuts. Enjoy!!!!