Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fat Free Strawberry Mousse



I have talked a few times about how wonderful my Aunt's were to me when I was growing up and how they baked with me, and I am sure that is why to this day I love baking. Another one of my favorites was Aunt Janie (and my godmother), I have such wonderful memories of baking with her. She was and is still an inspiration to me. Every party this is the Strawberry Mousse that she brings and It is gone before you know it. This recipe is a fat free mousse, but you would never know it.


Ingredients:

3 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
16 ounce package frozen sliced strawberries with juice ( or you can use fresh)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
12-16 ounce fat free cool whip ( you can use the regular cool whip, but then it will not be fat free)

Directions:

1. In a large bowl beat the egg whites, salt and lemon juice until mixture is foamy
2. Gradually beat in vanilla and sugar.
3. Add the strawberries with the syrup and continue beating on high for 10 minutes
4. Fold in the cool whip
5. Freeze overnight or until firm
6. Take out about 15 minutes before serving



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom leaves the sugar out to make it healthier and it still tastes delicious! Great recipe! And definitely a Roszkowski favorite!!

~Melissa