If you are a Raspberry and Chocolate lover, these cupcakes are for you, and they look so beautiful on a platter. The cake is so moist and the frosting so delicious. I love to try cupcake recipes anytime I find them. And I think this one is a keeper. I made for my daughter Alexa's birthday because she loves her raspberries.
1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
½ C. oil
¾ C. buttermilk
½ C. sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 C. fresh raspberries
1.2 oz. pkg. of freeze dried raspberries (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
1 C. butter, softened
4-5 C. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. milk, if needed
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Add cake mix and stir until smooth.
5. Fold in raspberries. (If your raspberries are big, roughly chop them before adding them to your batter.)
6. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Raspberry Prep: Place your freeze dried raspberries in a food processor and pulverize them. When you take them out, you will still see the seeds. Use a fine sifter to sift out the seeds, them throw them away. Keep what went through the sifter for the buttercream.
8. Buttercream: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Scrap down the sides of the bowl, add your pulverized freeze dried raspberries and beat again. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add milk if the buttercream becomes too stiff.9. Decorate with fresh raspberries.
This recipe from: yourcupofcake