Everyone always has a favorite potato soup. Becoming ever more popular is the sweet potato. This is such a great recipe for the fall. Also it is very adaptable, you do not have to grill the potato's and eliminate the ginger if you do not like it. The ginger adds a warming flavor to the soup. This one is a definite two thumbs up!!!
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup with Ginger
Summary: This exciting, richly flavored soup blends sweet potatoes with aromatic ingredients like lime, allspice, cayenne, ginger and parsley for maximum flavor, and the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into ½ inch rounds and chop the onion the same way.
- Peel the ginger but do not chop it.
- Grill the sweet potatoes, onion, and ginger over a medium heat for 6 minutes per side, and then chop the ginger finely.
- Add the ginger, potatoes, onion, cayenne and allspice to a saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let the soup cool for 15 minutes then blend it until it is smooth.
- Add the half and half, lime juice, parsley, zest, and heat up.
- Serve garnished with the parsley and sun-dried tomatoes.
Recipe From: amazingsouprecipes.com