This cake is your ultimate Oreo Cake. The perfectly moist cake, filled with layers of Oreo and cream cheese filling, topped with drizzled chocolate and more Oreo's, can it get any better than that, this cake everyone will love.Who doesn't love Oreo's, they are my favorite cookies and I love to bake and eat them all of the time. Enjoy this simple yet amazing recipe..Glad I found this recipe, the best Oreo cake ever.....
Ingredients For The Chocolate Cake:
1 box Devil’s food cake mix
1 small pkg. chocolate instant pudding mix
¾ C. milk
¾ C. oil
1 C. sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 C. butter, softened
16 oz. cream cheese
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. milk
5-6 C. powdered sugar
2 C. Oreo cookies, crushed
Options For Decorating Cake:
Oreos for top
1/4 cup melted semi sweet or milk chocolate chips to drizzle( in microwave melt at 30 second intervals, stirring each time until smooth)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 3 8-inch pans. (I like to line the bottoms of my pans with foil or parchment for easy removal.)
2. Sift cake mix and instant pudding mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, oil, oil, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Beat in cake mix and instant pudding mix and mix just until combined.
5. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans and use a spatula to spread the batter out flat.
6. Bake for 15-21 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. (If you are making only two layers, it will take 19-25 minutes in the oven.)
7. Let cool completely.
8. For The Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese together for about 2 minutes, then add vanilla extract and milk and slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
9. Place about 1/3 of the frosting into a small bowl with the 2 C. crushed chocolate cookies and fold until combined. This will be the frosting you use between your cake layers.
10. To assemble your cake, stack all 3 cake layers on top of one another, frosting between the layers as you stack. (Use the frosting made in step 9.) Cover the entire cake with your plain cream cheese frosting and use extra cookies, crushed cookies and melted chocolate to decorate
recipe and photo source from Your Cup Of Cake:http://www.yourcupofcake.com/2014/05/oreo-cake.html