Saturday, August 10, 2013

Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes




I would have to say my husband asks me to make him my chocolate cake at least once a week. He is the true chocolate lover in the family. Sometimes I make him these cupcakes instead and I will have to say he requests these now more often. They are so moist and I would have to say the perfect chocolate cupcake!!!

The Chocolate Cake:

1 box devils food cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup of oil
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Chocolate Buttercream:

1 cup  ( 2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon of milk
2-2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

For the cake:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with 24 liners
2. Sift cake mix to remove any lumps
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla
4. Add the cake mix and blend until smooth about 1-2 minutes
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean

For the Buttercream:

6. Beat the butter for 2 minutes, add the vanilla, cocoa powder, and milk and beat again for 1 minute.
Slowly add the powdered sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and decorate. Enjoy!!!


Dished up first by: yourcupofcake










No comments: