Thursday, August 29, 2013

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies


Well I would have to say I think I have gotten most of my baking skills when I was growing up. I had the best Aunts anyone could ask for. When I was young I have so many wonderful memories baking with my Aunts. Those are memories I never want to forget and I will always be grateful for them. One of them was my Aunt Joanne, she has always been the baker in the family and she has so many great recipes, that I hope she will let me share some of them with you. This cookie she has been making for years, and almost every time I see her, I ask if she made these. This is not your ordinary chocolate chip cookie. Every time you bite into these their is a surprise in every bite. They are sweet, salty and I cant even begin to describe how good they are. This is one recipe I am so glad I have, and I am going to hand down to my girls, because they also love them. It also makes about 10 to 12 dozen cookies so plenty so share with everyone or great for a cookie swap for the holidays.


Ingredients:

1 cup of softened margarine
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup of granulated sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
1 egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 1/2 cups uncooked rolled oats
1 cup flaked coconut
2 cups rice crisp cereal
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl beat margarine, oil, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat until creamy
3. Slowly add in the flour, egg, vanilla, salt and cream of tarter and mix until combined
4. Stir in the oats, coconut, cereal, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Stir until combined.
5. Using a cookie scoop or teaspoon drop onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. I do 12 per sheet
6. Place on cooling rack then store in a airtight container..Enjoy!!!!

No comments: