Friday, August 23, 2013
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookie Cups
These Cookie Cups are so fun, and there are so many possibilities. You can fill these with any flavor ice cream and any toppings you like. They will be great for kids parties, to set up an ice cream station with different ice cream and toppings. Adults will also have fun with these. If you are looking for a quick dessert for during the week they are perfect.
The instructions for these cookie bowls are called for forming them over an inverted cupcake/muffin pan.
1/4 cup butter flavored crisco/shortening
1/4 cup softened butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. In a large bowl beat together shortening, butter, both sugars until well combined. Add the egg and the vanilla, and beat until combined.
2. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk together
3. Gradually add the flour mixture into the shortening/sugar mixture, and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips
5. Place batter into a large plastic bag or between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and roll into a disc. Chill for at least 1 hour.
6. Turn your muffin pan upside down and place a 4 inch circle onto each muffin cup and spray with a little cooking spray, or you can invert a cupcake liner instead and then spray that with cooking spray. This recipe make 6 big cups or you can get 8 small ones.
7.Roll the chilled cookie dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper about 1/8 inch. Cut circles and drape over the foil/cupcake liner, smoothing cracks and trimming to fit.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for about 10-15 minutes, then gently lift them off the pan by using the tip of a butter knife to lift one corner.
9. Fill then with any goodies you desire..Enjoy!!!
who dished it first:coleensrecipes