Well my family went Blueberry picking here in NJ several weeks ago and I picked so man blueberries that I had to try some new recipes. So I made these muffins on a Monday, on Tuesday they were gone and my family wanted more. Thats how good these are. This is the reason why I love NJ, every season there is always something to pick from apples to corn. Try this one, your gonna love it!!!
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup of buttermilk
2/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 Tablespoons cold butter, cut in small cubes
Combine sugar and flour together and whisk gently then add in cold butter using 2 knives or your fingers, mix until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside. When batter is in muffin tins add 1 tablespoon of the crumb topping to each muffin.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl add egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Gently mix until combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a spatula. Only mix until they are combined or you will have a tough muffin.
5. Fill each muffin cup with the batter using an ice cream scoop, almost to the top.
6. Sprinkle the crumb topping onto the muffins
7. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
8. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.