1 cup dark or light brown sugar ( I use dark)
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup salted butter ( 1 stick)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 cups popped popcorn ( no salt or butter added, just plain)
1/2- 1 cup of lightly roasted peanuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
1. Start by popping your popcorn, I do mine on the stovetop in a non stick pan. ( Follow the instructions on the popcorn bag)
2. In a saucepan combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter and heat for 4 minutes. Stir once to combine and then do not touch.
3. Remove from heat and add baking soda,cream of tarter, salt and vanilla extract.
4. Immediately pour over popped popcorn and stir gently until all combined.
5. Add the peanuts if desired
6. Place on 2 large cookie sheets and place in 250 degree oven for 1 hour. Stirring every 15 minutes.
7. Cool slightly, then separate and place in airtight container. Enjoy!!!!